20100809

sweet tat!

i have wanted a tattoo since before i can remember. when i was 17 i went to a tattoo shop to price what i wanted at the time, which was the closing line from my favorite poem on my forearm. THANK GOD my mom told me if i got a tattoo she would put me up for auction on the black market. i would have regretted that tattoo for the rest of my life, especially since i think poetry is gay. but now i know exactly what i want. i think. and it is just as pretentious as my last idea. i am not catholic but i am obsessed with catholicism. like, i used to want to be a nun. i have always thought images if sacred/flaming hearts were really cute. i really like the way prison tattoos look, and for the longest time have just wanted a simple two line cross on my arm. i also really like vivienne westwood and her 'logo'. finally, what inspired all of this were the montague and capulet family crests from the 1997 baz luhrman film. SO what i have settled on is a sacred heart with the heart replaced with a globe combined with the capulet family crest, all drawn in the style of a fast unsterilzed prison tattoo on the back of my arm above my elbow.









No comments: